I tend to purchase spinach and quite often, I end up buying too much that I have to toss it, because I didn’t use it up in time.
This time would be different and earlier today, I wanted to utilize the spinach I had and decided to make a spinach and cheese omelet.
It’s important to note that I do not eat much eggs that much any longer, to keep my cholesterol count low (a single medium sized egg contains 186 mg of cholesterol, which is 62% of the recommended daily intake). So, I try to keep it at 2-3 eggs a week.
A simple recipe:
- 2-3 eggs (depending on the size of eggs)
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg (didn’t have nutmeg at the time, so I used a punch of paprika)
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- I cut a few small pieces of low fat mozzarella
After beating the eggs in a bowl, I put the spinach and mozzarella pieces and then added the seasoning.
Cooked for several minutes over medium heat and flipping with a spatula.
And that is it!
Simple, delicious and easy to make!